izarding
izarding
Realm
Realm
It's summertime in Scotland; the weather has begun to clear, and the flowers are in full bloom! Now is a time for bonfires, stargazing and long nights spent with friends and family! Welcome to Wizarding Realm- an AU Harry Potter role play set in current day hogwarts!
WR

Add Reply
New Poll

How comforting, the smile of a friend, Inanna (Satan)
Desdemona Karas
· · · · ·
Awards:
Mar 19 2018, 01:24 PM   Link Quote
“I hate his stupid, handsome face.” Fingers flexed and the pillow in their grasp imploded on itself as Desdemona’s hands pressed it together, flattening its plump filling in annoyance. Athena, the long haired white Siberian cat paused licking her paw and swiping it across her face to stare up at her witch. One of her ears was bent forward, caught between the small claws while the other stood finely pointed at attention; her ocean blue eyes were wide with pity and understanding. Condolences only lasted a moment as the feline had better things to do and resumed wiping at her face with her paw. Des wanted to boop Athena on the head with the throw pillow but resisted that urge, her familiar was not to blame for her misery after all. Not that she was one hundred percent miserable, but she was completely vexed. One hundred percent irked and helpless to change the decision of her parents.

She laid back with a sigh, her body making a soft flopping sound as she fell onto the pillows and stared up at the ceiling of the room of requirement. The area was small but spacious, a gauzy canopy in soft golds and pinks, streamed with glittery silver fabrics was illuminated by dozens of candles strung about the room and far above in the domed ceiling lay a perfect living copy of the night sky complete with little clouds fat with snow. A soft stream of incense smoke danced along the shafts of light, filling the room with the rich scent of sandalwood. Beneath Desdemona’s stretched out body were blankets creating a cushioned floor, they lay atop thick rugs. A small table held two round wine glasses poured with a knuckle’s length for each of the girls. Chocolates were set out in little plates, chocolate covered strawberries enticing the Grecian witch. Her mouth watered at the thought of biting into the tangy berry and then washing it down with the rich taste of wine, the sweetness mingling with that slight sour aftertaste.

Desdemona began to drift, her eyes closed as she imagined lying out in the fresh sea breeze. Glittering sand ready to wiggle its way between her toes, the scent of water and salt only accenting the sound of the crashing waves. She could hear the soft lulling echoes, practically taste the spray of water along her tongue as her lips parted. It wasn’t until she opened her eyes that she realized part of the room had transformed into the shores of Mykonos. For a moment she longed to leave it that way but instead, reminded herself that this yearning would only make her desire stronger. So she pushed it out of her mind and remembered a picture Ina had sent her of her homeland. Desdemona’s mind created the columns of the bedroom and the open window to let in the hot sandy breeze. She swore she could smell dunes.

Athena meowed and Desdemona sat up, her dark hair swinging with the motion. She stared at the entrance with a held breath, smiling when Ina and her majestic cat came wandering in; her chocolate brown eyes seeming to melt and grow lighter at the sight of the Ravenclaw. Ina was as much a goddess today as she had been when they’d reunited during Desdemona’s second year and arrival at Hogwarts. Sometimes she wished she possessed some of that divinity, but her family while descended from the gods were better suited for the art of secrecy and treachery. It was in their blood. “I hope you don’t mind, I had to bring Athena.” She gestured towards the cat whose blue eyes were set on Tiamat.

Sara · 17 · 7th · Viridian Guild · Pureblood · 5'4
Banned
Awards:
Awards: 51

Mar 20 2018, 09:55 AM   Link Quote
It was an equally beautiful yet fascinating thought how much power words carried. Inanna had always loved to read, to soak in the stories of her ancestors while flipping pages that were worn with time. The corners of the parchment all curled up, countless of hands having touched it before she had. In the elegant cursive of Arabic were the tales of those Amar-Sins that came before her, their lineage tracing back to the times of Mesopotamia; the myths and sagas that had been told for centuries there for the newer generations to lay their eyes on. Of course Ina did not confine herself to these mere stories alone. No, she read as much as she could, both wix books and those written by muggles. Poetry, fiction, non-fiction; anything she could get her inked hands on. They were words of brilliance, words she could never emulate, yet there were other things the young witch wrote. Letters, carried by the Pharaoh eagle-owls her family kept, carried all the way to the island of Mykonos.

It was many years ago that her friendship with Desdemona Karas was forged through ink and parchment, a mutual connection in both Cosimia and Apollo Spiros serving as the chain that would bind them together. When Apollo died, Inanna had reached out to Desdemona, as the boy’s fiancée would surely feel an overwhelming amount of pain. What started as a simple letter to ask about her wellbeing grew into so much more, like two flowers growing through the earth’s soil and intertwining their stems together. It was the start of a friendship that was so very precious to the Ravenclaw, strengthening even further when Des transferred to Hogwarts. Now, they would meet in the Room of Requirement for an impromptu sleepover – something that would serve as a welcome distraction from the worries that plagued the Iraqi girl’s mind. She was determined not to think about alluring potions and Swedish boys, firmly pushing those thoughts to the back of her mind as she walked through the castle.

The fabric of her black cloak swam around her ankles like the dark water of the lake, protecting her from the all too present cold that was still lingering in the air of Scottish spring. Behind her, Ina’s majestic cat followed, golden eyes focused on her owner as she walked after her. Before this, the eagle had taken a detour to the kitchen, acquiring the peaches her friend loved so much. They were hidden beneath her cloak in this moment, her gold embellished flats producing soft ticking sounds on the stones underneath her feet before she finally reached her destination. The Room of Requirement was an obvious choice for their get together, as they could change the room to fit their needs. A soft smile reached Inanna’s unpainted lips upon entering, coppery eyes falling on her friend while Tiamat slipped inside as well. It was hard not to smile when seeing Des’ face, the familiarity of the brunette and that ease that washed over her always such a welcoming feeling. ‘’Oh, I don’t mind. I’m not too sure about Tiamat, though,’’ Ina stated with a chuckle, watching her cat who was simply staring at Athena before turning her back on her, curling up on one of the pillows instead.

It wasn’t until the dark-haired girl tore her gaze away from the feline that she took notice of her surroundings; or more precisely, how much it looked like home. Not her home in Canterbury, but the home she had left behind. She didn’t even notice the various chocolate-covered snacks her friend had brought, her mind and gaze completely focused on the looks of the room. Inked fingers tightened around the heavy fabric of her cloak, hot tears burning behind her warm eyes as she bit down on her lower lip. It was almost like she was back in her room in Babylon, with the warmth and sand of the dunes outside, dragons roaming their grounds and the laughter of her family echoing through the halls. The truth was that Inanna hadn’t seen the Amar-Sin residence in years, and seeing it now felt like someone had reached inside her to twist her guts around. Quickly, Ina averted her eyes, the looks of the room changing to fit a much calmer scheme of colourful tapestry pinned to the wall. She didn’t want Des to notice anything was wrong, blinking the tears away as she steadied her breathing for a long moment. Finally, Ina looked up at her friend, smiling and dropping her cloak to the floor. ‘’So, tell me everything about this engagement,’’ the Middle Eastern girl stated as she dropped down to the floor in an elegant and swift movement, inked hands immediately reaching for the glass of wine on the table. ‘’And don’t leave out any details.’’ Desperately in need of the distraction, Ina stared at her friend, lifting the glass to her lips and swallowing the alcohol in eager sips.

@Desdemona Karas
clothing

--------------------

user posted image
23/3/2018
Desdemona Karas
· · · · ·
Awards:
Mar 20 2018, 11:03 AM   Link Quote
One well-manicured brow raised at the sight of Ina in her cloak, the yellow satin of her pajamas showing through every now and then. She let her eyes grow half-lided as she hugged a pillow to her torso and said in a low and sultry voice, “ Sorry midnight lover, it’s only me. And I prefer red silk.” Desdemona batted her eyelashes at Inanna before letting out a choked giggle. The cloak had been a nice touch, to be fair but that’s why Des had brought a sweater with her. She didn’t mind waltzing through the halls of Hogwarts in her sleeping shorts but Ina was a little more modest than the Gryffindor, it appeared. Chocolate brown eyes darted towards Tiamat who was staring at Athena, both of the female cats seemed to be appraising one another, as if this were the first time they’d actually met.

When Tiamat turned away and flopped onto a pillow Athena padded forward and batted the other cat’s tail out of the way only to gingerly hop onto the pillow in front of her and snuggle down. One devious blue cat’s eye stared at Ina’s cat, then slid shut. It seemed the little furry goddess of Wisdom wasn’t being very smart in taunting the majestic primordial goddess of chaos. Or creation, depending on what you believed. Desdemona smirked. “Here I was hoping for some kind of goddess showdown. Who do you think would have won?” she asked Inanna, turning in time to see the Ravenclaw’s eyes well up with tears. The room had been a fluke, Desdemona hadn’t wanted to think of her own home so instead she had thought of Ina’s without considering how her friend might react. “Ina I’m sorry…” Des said, chastened. “I didn’t think, I thought you might like it.” Sometimes it was hard to articulate what she wanted to say, but she did feel terrible about bringing to life a reminder that Ina might never go back home.

Desdemona could see that Ina didn’t really seem keen on talking about it, so she let it drop for a moment and hoped that this wasn’t what the mood would be like for the rest of the night. Although she didn’t have to worry long as the other dark haired witch dropped the cloak (and Desdemona suddenly realized she wasn’t really a student at Hogwarts, but rather just an alternate version where she wasn’t a badass mutant with powers. Although this was starting to feel like an R-rated scene straight out of Deadpool) and took a seat among the pillows, wine glass in hand. This seemed to satisfy the Grecian witch, who took her own glass of wine and grabbed a chocolate covered strawberry. “He’s stupid. He’s got a stupidly handsome face and I hate him. Plus he’s rude, automatically assumed that I was some pompous pureblood.”

Okay, maybe sometimes she was a pompous pureblood, but she didn’t feel like she had to be ashamed about her lineage. The Karas family did not go around boasting about their blood purity and they did not go around putting other down for it. They kept strictly to themselves and taught their children to respect the lifestyles of others. They knew the power that came from mixing ingredients on an intimate level, to them, blood was just another ingredient to build upon or use in a mixture. Yet beyond that initial impression of Nikolai Volkov, Des didn’t know what else to say to Ina. The Grecian swirled her wine, letting it breathe as she bit into the strawberry.

“This wine and this chocolate is too good to spend the night talking about stupid, handsome Nikolai Volkov. What about you, anything new? You had this dreamy kind of look walking in and I don’t think it’s because you saw me in my pajama clad glory.”

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

ADMIN MOD